Regenerative injections are utilized with various materials, cells, and growth factors to help stimulate the body’s own capacity to heal and regenerate damaged tissues. Areas that benefit from these injections are damaged or painful joints, which can result from arthritic conditions, injuries, certain disease processes, and hormone imbalances; soft tissue injuries such as tendonitis, strains and sprains; and aging skin such as wrinkles, laxity and discoloration.
Here at Personalized Regenerative Medicine, we provide a variety of regenerative injections and adjunctive therapies designed to help decrease pain, increase mobility, and prolong a youthful appearance. So whether you have knee arthritis, a shoulder injury, back pain, or have simply lost the luster of younger skin, and you are interested in finding out more, please contact our office to discuss your needs with our medical staff. We would love to partner with you to determine the best therapy for your individual needs.
Types of Regenerative Injections
- Autologous or Allogenic Stem Cells – stimulates the repair and growth of damaged tissue
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) – provides growth factors to mediate the repair process
- Oxygen-Ozone – influences cellular metabolism and subsequent tissue repair
- Yeprem, L., Ellialtioglu, A., Baeza-Noci, J. (2018). The efficacy of intra-articular PRP, Ozone and Ozone+PRP injections in patients with osteoarthritis. J Ozone Ther. 2018:2(3). doi: 10.7203/jo3t.2.3.2018.10904
- American College of Rheumatology (ACR). (2015, November 8). Ozone gas injections may do the trick for knee osteoarthritis sufferers. ScienceDaily. Retrieved September 10, 2020 from www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/11/151108084632.htm
- Neri, Julia & Lomba, Erielma & Karam, Alexandre & Reis, Silvia & Marchionni, Antônio & Medrado, Alena. (2017). Ozone therapy influence in the tissue repair process: A literature review. JORDI – Journal of Oral Diagnosis. 2(1-6). doi:10.5935/2525-5711.20170032.
- Sconza, C., Respizzi, S., Virelli, L., Vandenbulcke, F., Iacono, F., Kon, E., & Di Matteo, B. (2020). Oxygen-Ozone Therapy for the Treatment of Knee Osteoarthritis: A Systematic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials. Arthroscopy : the journal of arthroscopic & related surgery : official publication of the Arthroscopy Association of North America and the International Arthroscopy Association, 36(1), 277–286. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arthro.2019.05.043
- Mao, A. S., & Mooney, D. J. (2015). Regenerative medicine: Current therapies and future directions. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 112(47), 14452–14459. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1508520112
- Arrigoni, C., D’Arrigo, D., Rossella, V., Candrian, C., Albertini, V., & Moretti, M. (2020). Umbilical Cord MSCs and Their Secretome in the Therapy of Arthritic Diseases: A Research and Industrial Perspective. Cells, 9(6), 1343. https://doi.org/10.3390/cells9061343