Conveniently located to serve the areas of San Clemente and Orange County, CA
Cerebral Palsy (CP) treatment using regenerative therapy is a new, highly promising way of managing the symptoms of this condition. Experimental findings have shown its potential to fix damaged and dysfunctional cells in patients. The treatment also provides support to neurons and oligodendrocytes (a combination of proteins and neurons) found in the central nervous system. Current medical studies have revealed heartwarming results from patients as they have gained control of their movement and decreased involuntary muscle spasms and pains.
Dr. David Steenblock is working for you. For over 40 years, he has been a medical innovator devoted to treating ailments and enabling a high quality of life for his patients. He has spent countless hours researching and developing viable therapies for patients to count on. At Personalized Regenerative Therapy, we offer groundbreaking therapies that can offer patients hope and relief from the struggles of CP. To learn more about these promising therapies, schedule a personal consultation or call our compassionate and helpful staff at (949) 367-8870.
Modern science is still breaking the waves and trying to search for a cure for cerebral palsy. However, medical professionals are constantly exploring new and promising ways to treat it. One exciting approach to treating the ailment is using regenerative medicine and stem cell therapy. Advancements in technology have made this approach more promising than ever before. Dr. Steenblock offers patients a ray of hope with the help of stem cell therapy. Patients have experienced significant improvements to their overall quality of life.
What is Cerebral Palsy?
Cerebral Palsy is an impairment that affects physical and mental developments. Symptoms can range from mild to severe and may occur simultaneously with other impairments and disabilities. Those with CP may have trouble controlling their physical movements, balance and coordination, mobility, and posture.  Cognitive imparities, seizures, and vision and hearing problems can also occur. Dr. Steenblock elaborates more on the causes of CP.
What causes Cerebral Palsy?
CP is caused by brain injury or problems that may occur during pregnancy, childbirth, or the first 2-3 years of the child’s life.
Patients receiving stem cell treatments show promising responses. Amazing results in cognitive and motor skills have dramatically enhanced thanks to the treatment. Those looking for solace and increased freedom can count on: 
- Increased mobility and added flexibility
- Relief from stiff muscles and joints
- Enhanced strength and support structure in muscles/tissues
- Increased appetite
- Huge boost to self-esteem and confidence
- Greater independence
- Little to no downtime is required after treatment
To experience the benefits for yourself or a loved one, schedule a consultation at our friendly offices in San Clemente.
Meet Emily: A Heartwarming Story
One of our success stories is Emily, who came to us seeking treatment when she was 16-year old. The ability to do basic tasks or even walk was unthinkable. Her hand was tense and spastic which led to excruciating pain. Thanks to bone marrow stem cell treatment, her symptoms have been reduced. These are her words:
“After I received the treatment, the stem cells helped almost immediately. I could feel my toes and was able to move them – which I never could. It was truly an amazing experience to be able to move a part of my body that I was never able to move before. I was able to walk heel to toe for the first time in my life….Before I did this treatment with Dr. Steenblock, my hand was spastic and tense. …After my stem cell treatment, my hand relaxed immensely.”
Patients who are seeking solace from the ailments of cerebral palsy are more than welcome to seek treatment. While it is not a cure, the therapy is dedicated to providing patients empowerment and independence in their life. We understand it is a personal choice for everyone involved in the process. We’ll be here waiting when you’re ready.
To get a better understanding of who is eligible for this encouraging therapy for cerebral palsy, schedule an individual consultation. Or call our offices at (949) 367-8870. In the meanwhile, we encourage you to read up on our informative blog post on the encouraging optimism of stem cell therapy for cerebral palsy patients.
Personalized Regenerative Medicine is excited to share the rewarding benefits of stem cell therapy with patients. Many breakthroughs have been made in developing a treatment that has turned it into a viable option for treating chronic and degenerative diseases. Dr. David A. Steenblock, D.O. sincerely believes our body has everything it needs to heal itself. That is what led him to the path of stem cell research and regenerative healing. Our clinic is about matching treatments and therapies to each of our patient’s unique biochemical, genetic, and other characteristics to break through their medical challenges.
Schedule an appointment with us or call us at (949) 367-8870. We look forward to hearing from you.
Your consultation will take place at our state-of-the-art medical offices in San Clemente. When you come to see Dr. Steenblock, he will review your medical history. He may conduct a physical exam and perform additional tests to identify your condition. If he determines that you would benefit from stem cell therapy, Dr. Steenblock may ask you to commit to a course of outpatient therapies and other treatments in order to prepare the body for stem cell therapy. He will create a stem cell treatment plan that is right for you.
Your cerebral palsy treatment path can take a few different directions. The two main types of bone marrow/stem cell therapy are:
- Autologous transplants:  These are stem cells that come directly from your body. First, the stem cells are harvested from your bone marrow or fatty tissue. In a few days, during your transplant, the stem cells will be replanted back into the bloodstream through a catheter. Dr. Steenblock will monitor the cell’s growth to ensure everything goes according to plan.
- Allogeneic transplant:  These stem cells come from a donor. Once a donor has been identified and matched, the stem cell collection from the donor can begin. On your transplant day, our team will infuse the donor’s stem cells into your bloodstream using a catheter. The process should take less than an hour.
You are free to go home once treatment is finished. There are no significant downtimes with stem cell treatments. There may be some soreness around the injection site but that will subside in a few days. There may also be some slight swelling but this also will go away in due time. Dr. Steenblock will monitor the progress of your treatment in regularly scheduled post-treatment appointments.
Stem cell therapy has made many strides in recent years in providing patients comfort in their everyday life. While the procedure is not a cure for patients with cerebral palsy, it does provide them with added relief from the aches and pains associated with the disorder. Those undergoing this revolutionary treatment can see breathtaking improvements in their physical movements, cognitive thinking, and appetite. Things that were not able to be achieved before are now possible thanks to the therapy.
The medical field uses the Gross Motor Function Classification System (GMFCS) rubric to measure whether patients with CP responded to stem cell injection. The scale itself is used to measure patients’ motor, sensory, cognitive, and speech improvements. A 2016 study showed 11 out of the 15 patients undergoing the treatment showed remarkable improvements. They regained feelings and usage of their muscles and extremities, increased cognitive function, and improved bladder control.
The final cost of stem cell therapy will depend on the extent of the condition and the treatment received. Having said that, stem cell therapy is not as financially demanding as other alternatives. These concerns will be addressed in detail at your consultation. We’re here to help. Call us directly at (949) 367-8870 to inquire about the exact cost of stem cell treatment.
What is regenerative medicine?
Regenerative medicine is a field of medicine that includes stem cell therapy. It refers to the repairing process of damaged or non-functioning tissue through the use of stem cells. The treatment can regenerate human cells in tissues, or other organs. This process has shown promising results in restoring or establishing normal working functions in the body.
What exactly is a stem cell?
They are special cells that can develop into different cell types. This can range from muscle to brain cells. Stem cells have caught the attention of many in the medical field as they have shown remarkable results in fixing damaged tissues. Some researchers strongly believe that it can be used to treat conditions such as Cerebral Palsy and Alzheimer’s disease. 
- Beldick, S. (2013). CanChild. Canchild.ca; McMaster University. https://www.canchild.ca/en/resources/276-current-state-of-stem-cell-treatments-for-cerebral-palsy-a-guide-for-patients-families-and-service-providers
- Chahine, N. H. A., Wehbe, T. W., Hilal, R. A., Zoghbi, V. V., Melki, A. E., & Habib, E. B. B. (2016). Treatment of Cerebral Palsy with Stem Cells: A Report of 17 Cases. International Journal of Stem Cells, 9(1), 90–95. https://doi.org/10.15283/ijsc.2016.9.1.90
- Jantzie, L. L., Scafidi, J., & Robinson, S. (2017). Stem cells and cell-based therapies for cerebral palsy: a call for rigor. Pediatric Research, 83(1-2), 345–355. https://doi.org/10.1038/pr.2017.233
- Paton, M. C., Finch‐Edmondson, M., Fahey, M. C., London, J., Badawi, N., & Novak, I. (2021). Fifteen years of human research using stem cells for cerebral palsy: A review of the research landscape. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, 57(2), 295–296. https://doi.org/10.1111/jpc.15329
- Vankeshwaram, V., Maheshwary, A., Mohite, D., Omole, J. A., & Khan, S. (2020). Is Stem Cell Therapy the New Savior for Cerebral Palsy Patients? A Review. Cureus, 12(9). https://doi.org/10.7759/cureus.10214